The Blockchance Conference 2019 creates a platform for the exchange of knowledge, experience and success. It shows deep insights into the distributed ledger technology (DLT) / and blockchain universe. The conference will open its doors for corporate partners, innovators, developers, investors, politicians and media for two days with an inspiring mix of expert talks, panel discussions, breakout sessions, exhibition zone and networking breaks. In addition, in advance, we are opening the Blockchance Campus Hamburg, a blockchain industry hub in the HafenCity.
We got a voice
- Hamburg’s First Mayor Peter Tschentscher as honorary patron
- Prestigious Chamber of Commerce as venue
- Expo area in the hall of the former Hamburg stock exchange
- Blockchain theater play during the conference
- Blockchance Conference magazine ‘Hamburg got a voice’
- Editorial supervised livestream
- Additional educational program in the Blockchance Campus
- 40+ international speaker, 750+ attendees, 30+ exhibitors
- Hamburg’s metropolitan region has more than 5 million inhabitants and is a major European business, science, research and education hub in an excellent economic situation
The venue – Chamber of Commerce
As the venue of the “Blockchance Conference Hamburg 2018” we chose the “MLOVE FutureCity Campus” in HafenCity. The venue was exceptional, the charm of the sea container buildings and the proximity to the Elbe impressed the participants. That suited the pioneering spirit of our conference in the first year.
“In Silicon Valley you start big things in a garage – in the Hanseatic city of Hamburg, of course, the counterpart is the sea container.” (Fabian Friedrich)
As a venue for the “Blockchance Conference Hamburg 2019”, we chose Hamburg Chamber of Commerce, not least in order to meet the predicted number of participants. The proximity to the economy and the town hall underlines the relevance and strong social anchoring of the conference. The “up-lift” from the sea container to the rooms of the Chamber of Commerce describes the success story of the Blockchain technology, the Blockchance Conference and the Blockchain location Hamburg.
Blockchain patron: Peter Tschentscher, Mayor of Hamburg
What to expect:-
- Speaker: Keynotes by politicians, industry representatives, celebrities from the blockchain scene, first movers as well as speeches by other top-class speakers offer deep insights into the universe of blockchain technology. In total, there will be more than 40 speakers.
- Further program items: podium discussions, workshops, breakout sessions, computer science courses complete the program.
- Expo: A trade fair with product demonstrations and giveaways makes the new technology – in the truest sense of the word – tangible and invites business representatives, the media, politics, education ad a broad, interested public to exchange views. It gives a good overview of future applications of blockchain technology. On Saturday, the Expo will be open for a few hours for free to an interested public
- Livestream: An editorially supervised, multilingual livestream invites people all over the world to participate. This increases the range enormous.
- Blockchance Magazine: For the conference the blockchance magazine “Blockchance – Hamburg got a Voice” will be published, in which the conference, the city, the speakers and the partners can be introduced. Outstanding topics, companies and personalities are presented.
- VIP Program: A reception for VIPs, speakers, partners and press in City Hall, a VIP dinner and a boat trip set special accents.
- Partner region: “Blockchance Conference Hamburg 2019” meets Baltic States: Together with representatives from politics, business and society of our conference partner region Baltic states views will be exchanged, application areas of blockchain technology discussed, joint projects and partnerships developed.
- Blockchance Campus Hamburg: In addition, in advance, we celebrating the grand opening of the Blockchance Campus Hamburg,a blockchain industry hub and coworking space in the in the HafenCity.
- Blockchain Theater: stay tuned
Blockchance Campus Opening
The “Blockchance Campus Hamburg” is to be opened in August 2019 in the Blockchance Conference week in the HafenCity. There will be a joint press conference and joint events from the conference and the campus. The joint use of the hub with Hamburg’s fintech industry and its proximity to the harbor, the trading and logistics center is very attractive for the blockchain industry. The objectives of the campus are to bring Hamburg as a blockchain and digital innovation location to Europe’s forefront and make it known worldwide, to utilize industry synergy effects, to promote startups and company immigration, and to promote networking with other blockchain hubs. Core tasks are the creation of a coworking space, business promotion, knowledge transfer, education, public relations, political participation and cultural exchange
The Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg is located in the heart of the Hamburg metropolitan region, which stretches across four federal states and has more than five million inhabitants. Hamburg is a major European business, science, research and education hub with several universities and national and international institutions and has been regarded as cosmopolitan and highly networked since the time of the Hanseatic League.
Due to the strong representation of companies from the logistics, trade, media, aviation and maritime industries, for which the topics Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technologies will become more relevant in the future, Hamburg has an excellent economic situation and the potential in these areas catching up with world leaders and taking on global blockchain industry centers such as London, Dubai, Shanghai, New York, Zug and Berlin.